Passports are mandatory "identification paper" that allows you to travel abroad and to be allowed to re-enter the country after oversea trips.
Ordinary passport for Vietnamese citizens
Normally, to get passports, people have to go to Immigration Department of provinces or cities where they are permanently or temporarily residing. It is noted that it is required to have KT3 Register for temporary residence (according to Decree 136/2007/ND-CP on amending a number of articles of Decree 94/2015/ND-CP)
However, on November 22, 2019 the National Assembly has passed the Law on immigration of Vietnamese citizens 2019, which stipulates that its citizen who carry Vietnamese citizen cards can apply for passports at Immigration Department of Public Security of the province or city directly under the Central Government without requesting the KT3 register for the temporary residence as previously prescribed, specifically as follows: (Based on: Clause 3 of Article 15 Law on immigration of Vietnamese citizens 2019)
|"Article 15. Issuance of ordinary passports
3. First-time application for passports is made at the Immigration Department of the provinces or cities directly under the Central Government where register permanent residence or temporary residence; in cases where Vietnamese citizen cards are available, application for passports may be made in any Immigration Department of the provinces or cities directly under the Central Government. "
Prepare documents including:
- Submit the completed declaration (according to the form);
- 02 portrait photos
- Copy of birth certificate or extract of birth for people under 14 years of age;
- Copy of Identity Card or Citizenship Card in case of change of personal information compared to information in the most recently issued passport;
- A certified true copy of the document issued by a competent Vietnamese body proving the legal representative of the person who is incapable of civil acts, who has difficulties in cognition or behavior control according to regulations. of the Civil Code, who is less than 14 years old. If it is a non-certified copy, the original must be presented for inspection.
Within no more than 08 working days from the date of receipt, the Immigration Department of the Police of the province or city directly under the Central Government shall return the results to the applicant.
Therefore, according to the Law on exit and entry of Vietnamese citizens in 2019, if they have a Citizenship ID card, people can carry out a passport at any convenient place without having to have the KT3 book as before. here for the passport at the temporary residence.
This Law takes effect on July 1, 2020.